Orgeat syrup is a sweet syrup made from almonds, sugar, and water. It is typically used as a flavoring in cocktails and other beverages, and also in desserts. Orgeat syrup has a distinct nutty flavor and is often used in tiki-style cocktails such as Mai Tais and Hurricanes. It can also be used as a substitute for simple syrup in various drinks and desserts to add a unique almond flavor. Orgeat syrup can be purchased pre-made or can be made at home using almonds, sugar, and water.
- 1 oz Brandy *
- 8 oz Almonds
- 12 oz White Sugar
- 10 oz Water
- 1 tsp Orange Flower Water
* Each of these Spirits or Liqueurs used can be substituted for your favourite brand.
- Add water and sugar to sauce pan and heat until clear.
- Chop almonds into small bits and add to sugar syrup.
- Simmer for three minutes and gradually increase temperature until mixture boils.
- Remove from Heat and add Brandy and Orange Flower water to mixture.
- Let sit for 3-8 hours.
- Strain using two layers of cheese cloth or a nut milk bag, and bottle.
Get new content
to your inbox.