David Wondrich came up with the idea for the Sourise cocktail in 2010, and he took the name of the drink from the French word for grin. This delicious beverage, which is of the sour style, strikes the ideal balance between sweet and sour components, and hence deserves to be classified as such. The addition of egg whites gives the drink a luscious and velvety texture, which enhances its overall appeal. The raspberries take centre stage, with their characteristic flavour coming through loud and clear, while the cognac serves to accentuate all of the other flavours, resulting in a mixture that is exquisitely balanced. Give the Sourise a go, see what all the fuss is about, and be sure to let me know what you think of it. Cheers!
* Each of these Spirits or Liqueurs used can be substituted for your favourite brand.
- Add all of the ingredients to the shaker tin.
- Shake without ice for 10 seconds hard.
- SHake with ice until chilled.
- Fine strain into a coupe.
- Garnish with Raspberries.