Grenadine /ˈɡrɛnədiːn/ Syrup is a frequently used, non-alcoholic bar syrup. Not only is it characterized by a taste that is equally tart and sweet and by its deep red colour. It is also popular as a component in cocktails. It is not only for its flavour but also to give mixed drinks a reddish or pink tint.
- 4 oz Granulated sugar
- 4 oz Pure Pomegranate Juice
- .5 oz Orange Liqueur
* Each of these Spirits or Liqueurs used can be substituted for your favourite brand.
- Place sugar and Pomegranate juice in sauce pan.
- Use low heat and simmer until Sugar is full dissolved.
- Add Orange Liqueur
- Stir and allow to simmer 2 min.
- Allow to cool before use.
- Will stay good in fridge for two weeks.