Vanilla Syrup is Simple Syrup with a little bit of Vanilla extract. It is a thick, viscous liquid comprising primarily of a mixture of sugar in water, containing a large amount of melted sugars but displaying little inclination to deposit crystals. Its texture is similar to that of molasses. The viscosity arises from the various hydrogen bonds between the liquefied sugar, that contains many hydroxyl (OH) groups. Syrups can be made by melting sugar in water or by lowering naturally sweet juices such as cane juice, sorghum juice, maple sap or agave nectar. Corn syrup is made from corn starch utilizing an enzymatic process that converts it to sugars.
- 4 oz Water
- 4 oz Granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
* Each of these Spirits or Liqueurs used can be substituted for your favourite brand.
- Add all ingredients to sauce pan.
- Warm until sugar is dissolved into water
- Allow to cool before use.
- Stays good in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.