In 1972, Bobby Lozoff came up with the idea for the Tequila Sunrise cocktail for Mick Jagger. Because Mick Jagger enjoyed it so much, he brought it on tour with him, and the rest, as they say, is history. The Eagles included a track called “Tequila Sunrise” on their album Desperado, which was released at a time when consumption of the alcoholic beverage was at an all-time high.
* Each of these Spirits or Liqueurs used can be substituted for your favourite brand.
- Add the tequila and orange juice to a shaker tin.
- Shake with ice for 8-10 seconds.
- Pour into a highball glass over fresh ice.
- Add the grenadine and stir.
- Garnish with an Orange Wedge.