Chris Hysted-Adams, a renowned bartender at the Black Pearl in Melbourne, Australia, is credited with creating the Death Flip cocktail. This drink was featured on the menu with a mysterious description that read, “You don’t wanna meet this cocktail in a dark alley.” Despite the lack of listed ingredients, the intriguing description attracted many curious customers who couldn’t resist giving it a try.
Over time, the Death Flip has gained a reputation as a modern classic in the flip style of cocktails. Its unique and mysterious name, along with its delicious flavor profile, have contributed to its popularity in the cocktail scene. If you’re feeling adventurous, give the Death Flip a try and experience its rich and complex flavor for yourself. Let me know what you think!
- 1 oz Cazadores Blanco Tequila *
- .5 oz Yellow Chartreuse *
- .5 oz Jägermeister
- 1 Dash Simple Syrup
- 1 whole Egg
* Each of these Spirits or Liqueurs used can be substituted for your favourite brand.
- Add all of the ingredients to the Shaker tin.
- Shake without ice for 10 seconds.
- Shake with ice for 10 Seconds.
- Fine strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.