The Scorpion Reef Cocktail was initially concocted by bartender Marshall Davis at the Gallo Pelón Mezcaleria in Raleigh, North Carolina. While he was in the process of making a smoked pineapple flan for the dessert menu, the idea for this cocktail came to him at the same time. It has a hint of smokiness to it, along with flavours reminiscent of the tropics, such as pineapple and lemon, which are brought together by the chocolate and Angostura Bitters. We’d love to hear your feedback after you’ve had a chance to sample the Scorpion Reef Cocktail.
* Each of these Spirits or Liqueurs used can be substituted for your favourite brand.
- Add all ingredients except the Angostura Bitters to the Shaker Glass.
- Shake with Ice for 10-15 seconds.
- Half fill you stemless wine glass with crushed ice.
- Pour the mixture into the glass.
- Fill with crushed ice.
- Top with Angostura Bitters and Chinese Five Spice Blend.