Jacob Briars, a Bacardi brand ambassador, came up with the idea of adding a blue hue to a classic cocktail and came up with the drink known as Corpse Reviver No. Blue in 2007. The Corpse Reviver No. Blue, which has its roots in the Corpse Reviver No. 2, enjoys a strong following even in modern times. The orange liqueur is replaced with blue curacao, which is where the name of the cocktail comes from. Give it a shot, and then report back to us with your thoughts.
Corpse Reviver No. Blue
- 1 oz Hayman’s Dry Gin *
- 1 oz Lillet Blanc *
- 1 oz McGuinness Blue Curaçao *
- .25 oz Lucid Absinthe *
- 1 oz Lemon Juice
* Each of these Spirits or Liqueurs used can be substituted for your favourite brand.
- Add all the ingredients into the shaker glass except the Absinthe.
- Shake with ice for 10-15 seconds.
- Use some Absinthe to rinse a Coupe and pour out the remainder.
- Fine strain into the Absinthe rinsed Coupe.
- Espress the lemon twist over the drink.