The Isle & Anchor Cocktail can be found in the Town and Country Magazine. A float of bitters is added to the top of a simple sour to create this variation on the classic cocktail. When combined with Irish Whiskey, this results in a spirit that has hints of apricot, lemon, and cinnamon. Give it a shot, and then report back to me with your thoughts.
Isle & Anchor
- 1.5 oz Writer's Tears Copper Pot Irish Whiskey *
- .25 oz Pecsetes Barack Apricot Liquor *
- .75 oz Lemon Juice
- .5 oz Cinnamon Syrup
- 2 oz Apple Juice
- 4 Dashes Angostura Bitters
* Each of these Spirits or Liqueurs used can be substituted for your favourite brand.
- Add all ingredients accept the bitters to the shaker.
- Shake with ice for 10-15 seconds.
- Fill a rocks glass half full with crushed ice.
- Pour the mixture from the shaker into the rocks glass, including the ice.
- dash bitters into the top of the crushed ice.
- Garnish with apple slices.