The Skeletons Key cocktail is a cocktail that has a lot of energy, is spicy, and is surprisingly interesting. This skeleton key is perfect for any Halloween party because it only requires a few materials and is easy to make. In addition, the dish is suitable for serving at events that have a Halloween theme because both its name, which conjures up an image of the colour of a rusted skeleton key, and the peculiar combination of its ingredients are spooky. It is believed that a bartender who worked at Michael Symon’s restaurant Detroit’s Roast was the one who first concocted this particular beverage. Give it a shot, and then report back to us with your thoughts.
- 1.5 oz Redemption Bourbon *
- .75 oz St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur *
- .5 oz Lemon Juice
- 3-5 oz Ginger Beer
- 8 dashes Angostura Bitters
* Each of these Spirits or Liqueurs used can be substituted for your favourite brand.
- Add ice to a highball glass
- Add all of the ingredients to the glass
- Stir gently.