Pumpkin spice syrup is a sweet and flavorful syrup that is typically used to add a rich pumpkin spice flavor to beverages such as coffee, tea, or hot chocolate. It is typically made from a combination of pumpkin puree, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves, which are simmered together to create a rich and spicy syrup. Pumpkin spice syrup is often enjoyed during the fall and winter months, and is a popular addition to seasonal drinks and baked goods. It can be purchased pre-made at many grocery stores and coffee shops, or can be made at home with simple ingredients.
Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- 12 oz Brown Sugar
- 8 oz Water
- 2 oz Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Freshly Grated Ginger
- 10 Whole Cloves
- 2 Cinnamon Stick
* Each of these Spirits or Liqueurs used can be substituted for your favourite brand.
- Add all of the ingredients to a saucepan on the stovetop.
- On medium heat stir occasionally until the sugar in the puree is fully dissolved.
- Let cool completely.
- Strain into a clean bottle making sure to remove all solids.
- Will keep for two weeks in the refrigerator.