This Version of the Oaxacan Sunrise Cocktail does not have the typical orange juice and grenadine you would find in the original. Instead, we use ginger syrup and lime juice to build a cocktail with some smokey spices from the Mezcal. The bitters give the Oaxacan Sunrise Cocktail greater depth of flavour and a stunning layer of colour on top of the crushed ice.
- 1.5 oz Medre Mezcal *
- .75 oz Fresh Lime juice
- .5 oz Ginger Syrup
- 2-4 dashes Peychaud Bitter’s
* Each of these Spirits or Liqueurs used can be substituted for your favourite brand.
- Add the first three ingredients to the shaker
- Shake with ice for 10-15 seconds
- Free pour the mixture onto a rocks glass over crushed ice
- Float the Peychaud's on top
- Garnish with a lime wedge
Serving: 3oz | Calories: 146kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 11mg | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 0.4IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @Booze_ontherocks or tag #Booze_ontherocks!