Erik Ellestad is the one who came up with the updated version known as the Parisian Blonde Cocktail. The Savoy Cocktail Book by Harry Craddock served as his primary source of motivation. The layers are separated in this version, which results in a cocktail that is three-dimensional and focuses on sight, smell, and taste. The rum and the curaçao combine very well, and the overall flavour is subdued thanks to the sweet cream and the spicy cinnamon. Please let us know what you think of the Parisian Blonde Cocktail after you’ve had a chance to try it.
- 1 oz Plantation Dark Rum *
- 1 oz Pierre Ferrand Dry Orange Curaçao *
- 1 oz Sweet Cream
* Each of these Spirits or Liqueurs used can be substituted for your favourite brand.
- Add Rum and Orange Curaçao to a stirring glass.
- Add ice and stir until desired dilution is reached.
- Pour into a coupe or Nick & Nora.
- Layer the Sweet Cream on top.
- Garnish with grated cinnamon on top.