Wes Ward came up with the recipe for the Dave Matthews drink, also known as the Dave Matthews Drink, in the year 1998 at the Capitol Complex in Fredericton, New Brunswick. According to Wes, “he made this cocktail on a slow night in 1998 while listening to Dave Matthews,” and the band’s name comes from the circumstances under which it was created. This delicious libation is as simple to consume as it is to enjoy Dave’s company. Give it a go, and then share your feedback with me.
- 1 oz Malibu Coconut Rum *
- 1 oz Disaronno Amaretto Liqueur *
- 3/4 glass Cranberry Juice 3-4 oz/90-120 ml
- 1/4 glass Pineapple Juice 1-2 oz/30 – 60 ml
* Each of these Spirits or Liqueurs used can be substituted for your favourite brand.
- Add ice to the pint glass.
- Add all of the ingredients to the the pintglass.
- Shake for 5 seconds.
- Free pour back into the pint glass.
- Garnish with an orange wedge,