Damon Dyer, of the Louis 649 Bar in New York, came up with the recipe for the Monte Cassino Cocktail for Benedictine’s 500th Anniversary cocktail competition. The competition was held in honour of Benedictine’s 500th anniversary. This drink is a combination of The Last Word and the Final Ward, and it contains equal parts of each. It is very easy to drink due to its excellent balance. Please let us know what you think of the Monte Cassino Cocktail after you’ve had a chance to try it.
- .75 oz Rittenhouse – Straight Rye Whiskey *
- .75 oz Yellow Chartreuse *
- .75 oz D.O.M. Benedictine *
- .75 oz Lemon Juice
* Each of these Spirits or Liqueurs used can be substituted for your favourite brand.
- Add all the ingredients to the shaker glass.
- Shake with ice for 10-15 seconds.
- Fine strain into a coupe.
- Garnish with a Lemon Twist.