The Mexican Zombie cocktail is an excellent choice for celebrations of Halloween, “dia de los Muertos,” or “day of the dead,” as it is also known. Even though this is a modified version of the classic Zombie drink, it will still put you on your arse after a couple of these. The most notable distinctions are Tequila and Mezcal for Rum and 151, the former of which imparts a subtle smoky flavour while the latter holds up the fruit flavours. Give it a shot, and then report back to us with your thoughts.
- 1 oz Cazadores Blanco Tequila *
- .5 oz Cazadores Reposado Tequila *
- .5 oz Medre Mezcal *
- 4 Dashes Lucid Absinthe *
- .5 oz Rob's Home Bar Falernum *
- 1 oz Grapefruit Juice
- .5 oz Lime Juice
- .5 oz Passionfruit Nectar
* Each of these Spirits or Liqueurs used can be substituted for your favourite brand.
- Add all of the ingredients to a shaker glass.
- Shake with crushed ice for 10 seconds.
- Free pour into a glass half filled with crushed ice.
- Tope with crushed ice.
- Garnish with a lime husk.
Calories: 135kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 0.1g | Fat: 0.01g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 18mg | Fiber: 0.1g | Sugar: 0.2g | Vitamin A: 7IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 0.04mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @Booze_ontherocks or tag #Booze_ontherocks!