The Mexican Zombie cocktail is an excellent choice for celebrations of Halloween, “dia de los Muertos,” or “day of the dead,” as it is also known. Even though this is a modified version of the classic Zombie drink, it will still put you on your arse after a couple of these. The most notable distinctions are Tequila and Mezcal for Rum and 151, the former of which imparts a subtle smoky flavour while the latter holds up the fruit flavours. Give it a shot, and then report back to us with your thoughts.
* Each of these Spirits or Liqueurs used can be substituted for your favourite brand.
- Add all of the ingredients to a shaker glass.
- Shake with crushed ice for 10 seconds.
- Free pour into a glass half filled with crushed ice.
- Tope with crushed ice.
- Garnish with a lime husk.