The Old Fashioned cocktail is made by mashing equal parts sugar, water, and bitters in a mixing glass. After that, whisky is added, and the drink is finished off with an orange twist and a cherry. It is customarily presented with ice in an old-fashioned glass, which predates the concept of the cocktail and is also known as a rocks glass. Give it a shot, and then report back to us with your thoughts.
- 2 oz Elijah Craig Bourbon *
- 1 Cube White Sugar
- 3 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 1 Barspoon water/soda water
- 1 Orange peel — Squeeze it and drop it in.
* Each of these Spirits or Liqueurs used can be substituted for your favourite brand.
- Put a cube of sugar into the glass.
- Add 3 dashes of bitters.
- Muddle the sugar and the bitters.
- Add whiskey and ice to the glass.
- Stir for about 10 seconds.
- Add garnish.
Calories: 172kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 0.2g | Fat: 0.03g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 27mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @Booze_ontherocks or tag #Booze_ontherocks!