Ginger Cardamom Syrup
Ginger Cardamon Syrup
Ginger Cardamon Syrup is a combination of simple syrup, ginger root, and cardamon.In cooking, a syrup or sirup is a condiment that is a thick, viscous liquid comprising primarily of a mixture of sugar in water, containing a large number of melted sugars but displaying little inclination to deposit crystals. Its texture is similar to that of molasses. The viscosity arises from the various hydrogen bonds between the liquefied sugar, which contains many hydroxyl (OH) groups.Syrups can be made by melting sugar in water or by lowering naturally sweet juices such as cane juice, sorghum juice, maple sap, or agave nectar. Corn syrup is made from corn starch utilizing an enzymatic process that converts it to sugars.
- 12 oz Water
- 8 oz Sugar
- 4 inches Peeled and chopped Ginger Root
- .5 oz Ground Cardamom
- Add all ingredients into the sauce pan.12 oz Water, 8 oz Sugar, 4 inches Peeled and chopped Ginger Root, .5 oz Ground Cardamom
- Simmer over low heat until sugar completely dissolves.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Let sit for 20 min.
- Strain into bottle and Let cool before use.
- Will last two weeks in fridge.
Serving: 1tsp | Calories: 8kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 2mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 1mg | Iron: 1mg