Sex On The Beach Cocktail
So how did such a good cocktail get such a douche baggy name? In Florida, of course else. Where else is that going to happen? Now According to bartender lore and sexonthebeach.com, which no longer exists, it was invented by a bartender named Ted who worked at confetti’s bar in 1987.
Now, apparently it was inspired by promotion for a peach knobs company to sell as much as they could now, Ted supposedly named it sex on the beach because well, sex and the beach are the only two reasons that spring breakers would even bother to show up to Florida. However, the online site, mental floss found a recipe for this cocktail in an American bartender schoolbook from 1982.
And this predates the above story by five years. They theorize that the cocktail was probably invented when a bartender put together a Fuzzy Navel and a Cape Codder. However, this drink was so popular. It also ended up in the song cake by the ocean by DNCE in 2015. And that song and that video is about nothing else, but sexual fantasy.
Let us get into making the sex on the beach. Now, the first thing I need of course, is a shaking glass. But what I am going to do is I am going to make this drink into parks so I can layer it nicely. A lot of people will put this drink together as one drink and mix everything together.
Sex on the Beach Cocktail
- Combine First three ingredients.5 oz Peach Schnapps, 1 oz Oranges Juice, 1 oz Pineapple Juice
- Shake with ice for 10-15 seconds
- Pour into a tall glass with ice
- Combine last 3 ingredients1.5 oz Vodka, 1.5 oz Cranberry juice, .5 oz Chambord
- Shake with ice 10-15 seconds.
- Strain and Pour The First Part into a Hurricane Glass with Ice.
- Strain and pour The Second Part onto the ice slowly to keep separation.