Mexican Sunset Cocktail
I’ve never had the chance to enjoy an actual Mexican Sunset. You know where you’re sitting on the beach, relaxing as the sun goes down looking over the ocean. That’s a fantastic-looking picture that I’d love to be in; however, what we could do is enjoy a Mexican Sunset Cocktail right now.
This drink looks like it’s out of the ’80s. It’s yellow, it’s got a fair amount of booze to it, and you know what, it’s perfect for after work on the back deck or at the park while the kids are running around. You have a barbecue but before we get started, let’s talk about the ingredients. The first thing you need is a Silver Tequila of your choice, aka a Blanca tequila. In this case, I’m using some Altos Omeca Tequila. Next, you need some Peach Schnapps. For this, I’m using Dr. McGillicuddy’s peach nest. It is 21 abv. Next, you need your Amaretto choice in this case; we’re going to use some D’Serrano now; this is a 28 abv absolutely fantastic, and you need some pineapple juice. I’m using some pure pressed pineapple juice which means there’s no sugar added.
- Add all ingredients except grenadine to the shaker tin.2 oz Silver Tequila, 1 oz Peach Schnapps, 1 oz Amaretto, 2 oz Pineapple Juice
- Shake with ice for 10-15 seconds.
- Pour into a highball with fresh ice.
- Pour the grenadine on top slowly..75 oz Grenadine
- Garnish with a lime wedge and two machismo series.