The Old Fashioned Cocktail is made by muddling sugar, water and bitters and then adding whiskey and garnishing with orange zest and a cherry. It is customarily served with ice in an old-fashioned (also known as a rocks glass), which predated the cocktail. Try it out and let us know what you think.
Old Fashioned Cocktail
- 1 cube of sugar
- 3 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 1 Bar spoon of water/soda water
- 2 oz Rye Whiskey/Bourbon
- Add Ice and stir
- 1 Orange peel — Squeeze it and drop it in.
- Put a cube of sugar into the glass.1 cube of sugar
- Add 3 dashes of bitters.3 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Muddle the sugar and the bitters.
- Add whiskey and ice to the glass.2 oz Rye Whiskey/Bourbon
- Stir for about 10 seconds.
- Add garnish.
Get new content
to your inbox.