The Mexican Zombie cocktail is perfect for Halloween, the “dia de Los Muertos,” or the day of the dead. Adapted from an original Zombie, this will still knock you on your butt after a couple of these. The main differences are Tequila and Mezcal for Rum and 151, which gives you a light smokey flavour held up the fruit flavours. Try it out and let us know what you think.
- 1 oz Blanco Tequila
- .5 oz Reposado Tequila
- .5 oz Mezcal
- 4 Dashes Absinthe
- .5 oz Falernum
- 1 oz Grapefruit Juice
- .5 oz Lime Juice
- .5 oz Passionfruit Nectar
- Add all of the ingredients to a shaker glass.1 oz Blanco Tequila, .5 oz Reposado Tequila, .5 oz Mezcal, 4 Dashes Absinthe, .5 oz Falernum, 1 oz Grapefruit Juice, .5 oz Lime Juice, .5 oz Passionfruit Nectar
- Shake with crushed ice for 10 seconds.
- Free pour into a glass half filled with crushed ice.
- Tope with crushed ice.
- Garnish with a lime husk.
Calories: 135kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 0.1g | Fat: 0.01g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 18mg | Fiber: 0.1g | Sugar: 0.2g | Vitamin A: 7IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 0.04mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @booze_ontherocks or tag #boozeontherocks!
Get new content
to your inbox.
More Tequila & Mezcal Cocktail Recipes
The Devil’s Cut cocktail is adapted from Pete Kendall’s 2006 cocktail…Read More
Corpse Reviver No. 2
The Corpse Reviver No. 2 is a classic cocktail that is…Read More
Corpse Revivor No. 1
The Corpse Reviver No 1 and How It’s Changed. Here are…Read More
The Skeletons Key cocktail is a lively, hot, and surprisingly intriguing…Read More
View all comments