Like a Lion’s Tail the original version of this drink, which was made by L. A. Clarke and first appeared in “The Café Royal Cocktail Book Coronation Edition,” was published in 1937. A novel drink that combines Bourbon and Allspice Dram and can be thought of as a cross between a sour and a tiki. Even though the allspice and angostura bitters are the star ingredients, the bourbon isn’t overpowered thanks to the lime and simple syrup that round out the drink. Please try it out and give us feedback.
- 2 oz Bourbon
- .5 oz Allspice Dram
- .5 oz Lime Juice
- 1 Bsp Simple Syrup
- 2 Dashes Angostura Bitters
- Add all of the ingredients to a shaker glass.2 oz Bourbon, .5 oz Allspice Dram, .5 oz Lime Juice, 1 Bsp Simple Syrup, 2 Dashes Angostura Bitters
- Shake with ice for 10-15 seconds.
- Fine strain into a coupe glass.
- Garnish with an orange twist.
Calories: 184kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 166mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 84IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @booze_ontherocks or tag #boozeontherocks!
Get new content
to your inbox.
More Rum Cocktail Recipes
View all comments