The Lion’s Tail It was first published in 1937’s “The Café Royal Cocktail Book Coronation Edition” and was created by L. A. Clarke. A unique cocktail that falls somewhere between a sour and a tiki, with Bourbon and Allspice Dram. The lime and simple syrup provide balance while the allspice and angostura bitters dominate the drink without overpowering the bourbon. Please give it a try and let us know what you think.
- 2 oz Bourbon
- .5 oz Allspice Dram
- .5 oz Lime Juice
- 1 Bsp Simple Syrup
- 2 Dashes Angostura Bitters
- Add all of the ingredients to a shaker glass.2 oz Bourbon, .5 oz Allspice Dram, .5 oz Lime Juice, 1 Bsp Simple Syrup, 2 Dashes Angostura Bitters
- Shake with ice for 10-15 seconds.
- Fine strain into a coupe glass.
- Garnish with an orange twist.
Get new content
to your inbox.