The Irish Maid Cocktail is a variation of the Kentucky Maid, which Sam Ross created while he was at Milk & Honey in New York. This variation is a combination of a sour and a smash. The Cucumber gives each sip a palate cleansing making you ready for the next drink. I suggest using a higher-proof (ABV) Irish whiskey to balance the flavors. Try it out and let us know what you think.
- 2 Slices of Cucumber
- 2 oz Irish Whiskey
- .5 oz Elderflower Liqueur
- .75 oz Lemon Juice
- .75 oz Simple Syrup
- Cut and muddle the cucumber in the shaking glass.2 Slices of Cucumber
- Add the remaining ingredients to the tin.2 oz Irish Whiskey, .5 oz Elderflower Liqueur, .75 oz Lemon Juice, .75 oz Simple Syrup
- Shake with ice for 10-15 seconds.
- Fine strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice.
- Garnish with a cucumber wheel.
Calories: 327kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.02g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.01g | Sodium: 25mg | Potassium: 852mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 433IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @booze_ontherocks or tag #boozeontherocks!
More Whiskey Cocktail Recipes
Whiskey & Coke
The Whiskey and Coke can be found in print in…Read More
Pumpkin Spice Collins
Pumpkin Spice Collins cocktail recipe combines homemade pumpkin spice syrup…Read More
Ingredients Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. Bar…Read More