The Gin Sunrise Cocktail is a variation of the original Tequila Sunrise created by Bobby Lozhoff. Bobby made this for Mick Jagger just before the Rolling Stones went on tour in 1972, after which Keith Richards claimed that specific tour was known as the cocaine and Tequila Sunrise tour.
The Gin Sunrise Cocktail, however, follows the same pattern of juice and spirits with a little Grenadine. And for this, we split the juice between orange juice and pineapple juice to allow a more fluffy texture. Try it out and let me know what you think.
- 2 oz Dry Gin
- 2 oz Pineapple Juice
- 2 oz Orange Juice
- .5 oz Grenadine Syrup
- Add the first three ingredients to a shaker glass.2 oz Dry Gin, 2 oz Pineapple Juice, 2 oz Orange Juice
- Shake with ice for 10-15 seconds.
- Add ice to a highball glass.
- Add the grenadine..5 oz Grenadine Syrup
- Pour the gin mixture on top of the grenadine.
- Stir to create the sunrise effect.
Get new content
to your inbox.