Gin Gin Mule Cocktail is a variation of the original Moscow Mule, which contains vodka; however, in 2000, Audrey Saunders created the Gin Gin Mule by swapping out the vodka for gin. And she did this just as gin was beginning to soar into popularity. This version of the Gin Gin Mule uses gin infused with Butter Fly Pea Tea, which is then floated on top to give it a beautiful, layered look. Try it out and let us know what you think.
Gin Gin Mule
- 1.5 oz Empress 1908 Gin
- 1 oz Simple Syrup
- .75 oz Lime Juice
- 1-2 oz Ginger Beer
- 6-8 Mint Leaves
- Add the mint leaves, simple syrup, and lime juice to the shaker glass.1 oz Simple Syrup, 6-8 Mint Leaves, .75 oz Lime Juice
- Shake with ice for 10 seconds.
- Double strain into a rocks glass 3/4 filled with crush ice.
- Add ginger beer on top leaving enough rook for the gin.1-2 oz Ginger Beer
- Float the Empress 1908 gin on top.
- Garnish with some mint.6-8 Mint Leaves
Get new content
to your inbox.