Jeffery Morganthaler created the Bourbon Renewal while he was in Eugene, Oregon. At that time, his business partner had a band of the same name. When the Band split up, Jeff asked if he could you the name. Twenty years later, he’s still serving the Bourbon Renewal. This cocktail is a variation of a sour, and some consider it a variation of the Bramble. Either way, it tastes great with a spicy Bourbon as its base, mellowed out by coming black current liqueur. Try it out and let us know what you think.
- 2 oz Bourbon
- .5 oz Creme de Cassis
- .75 oz Lemon Juice
- .5 oz Rich Simple Syrup
- 1-2 Dashes Angostura Bitters
- Add all of the ingredients to the shaker glass.2 oz Bourbon, .5 oz Creme de Cassis, .75 oz Lemon Juice, .5 oz Rich Simple Syrup, 1-2 Dashes Angostura Bitters
- Shake with ice for 10-15 seconds.
- Pour into a rocks glass over fresh ice.
- Garnish with a Lemon Wheel.
Get new content
to your inbox.