Jeffery Morganthaler created the Bourbon Renewal while he was in Eugene, Oregon. At that time, his business partner had a band of the same name. When the Band split up, Jeff asked if he could you the name. Twenty years later, he’s still serving the Bourbon Renewal. This cocktail is a variation of a sour, and some consider it a variation of the Bramble. Either way, it tastes great with a spicy Bourbon as its base, mellowed out by coming black current liqueur. Try it out and let us know what you think.
- 2 oz Bourbon
- .5 oz Creme de Cassis
- .75 oz Lemon Juice
- .5 oz Rich Simple Syrup
- 1-2 Dashes Angostura Bitters
- Add all of the ingredients to the shaker glass.2 oz Bourbon, .5 oz Creme de Cassis, .75 oz Lemon Juice, .5 oz Rich Simple Syrup, 1-2 Dashes Angostura Bitters
- Shake with ice for 10-15 seconds.
- Pour into a rocks glass over fresh ice.
- Garnish with a Lemon Wheel.
Get new content
to your inbox.
More Bourbon Cocktail Recipes
The Lion’s Tail It was first published in 1937’s “The Café…Read More
The Devil’s Cut cocktail is adapted from Pete Kendall’s 2006 cocktail…Read More
The Skeletons Key cocktail is a lively, hot, and surprisingly intriguing…Read More