The original recipe for the Blue Monday Cocktail can be found in the Savoy Cocktail Book from 1930 by Harry Craddick. It also pops up again in the 1934 Official Mixers Manual by Patrick Gavin Duffy. This version is a slight variation on the original 1930s edition found in Diffords Guide: The Bartender’s Bible. This variation of the Blue Monday Cocktail substitutes Vanilla Vodka for Citroen Vodka as well as Vermouth for Dry Vermouth it gives it orange and vanilla highlights with the body from the vermouth.
- 1.5 oz Vanilla Vodka
- .5 oz Triple Sec
- .5 oz Dry Vermouth
- .75 oz Blue Curaçao
- 2 Orange Bitters
- Soda Water
- Add all ingredients accept the soda water to the shaker.1.5 oz Vanilla Vodka, .5 oz Triple Sec, .5 oz Dry Vermouth, .75 oz Blue Curaçao, 2 Orange Bitters
- Shake with ice for 10-15 seconds.
- Pour into a rocks glass over fresh ice.
- Pour Soda water on top and stir gently.
- Garnish with a grapefruit twist.Soda Water
Get new content
to your inbox.
More Vodka Cocktail Recipes
Aqua Velva cocktail is a blue cocktail that can be seen…Read More
The Midori Sunset layered cocktail tastes as good as it looks.…Read More
This Electric Lemonade is a tropical cocktail and is one of…Read More
The Classic Screwdriver cocktail dates back as far as 1949, when…Read More