Blue Monday Cocktail
The original recipe for the Blue Monday can be found in the Savoy Cocktail Book from 1930 by Harry Craddick. It also pops up again in the 1934 Official Mixers Manual by Patrick Gavin Duffy. This version is a slight variation on the original 1930s edition found in Differds Guide: The Bartender’s Bible. This variation substitutes Vanilla Vodka for Citroen Vodka as well as Vermouth for Dry Vermouth. This gives it orange and vanilla highlights with the body from the vermouth.
- Add all ingredients accept the soda water to the shaker.1.5 oz Vanilla Vodka, .5 oz Triple Sec, .5 oz Dry Vermouth, .75 oz Blue Curacao, 2 Dashes Orange Bitters
- Shake with ice for 10-15 seconds.
- Pour into a rocks glass over fresh ice.
- Pour Soda water on top and stir gently.
- Garnish with a grapefruit twist.Soda Water
Serving: 3.50z | Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 5mg | Sugar: 9g | Calcium: 1mg | Iron: 1mg